Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elonna's Availability by Phone
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 04:19 AM by Elonna.)
Elonna's Availability by Phone
Everyone,

I have found myself becoming very overwhelmed with the number of phone calls, private emails and posts on The Corner along with trying to juggle everything in and around my home/private life. I do not want to get into a position where I just shut down and can go no further with supporting those on Protocel who "find" me.

Because of my commitment to all of you using Protocel, this has been a tough decision for me to make as I understand that when you need/want answers you need/want them now. However, it has reached the point where I need to have at least one day a week where I am not available for Protocel phone calls. As Sunday is God's day of rest, then I'm also going to call it my "Protocel Day of Rest". I am hoping that this day of rest recharges me physically, emotionally and mentally.

During the balance of the week, I will try to make myself available as much as possible for phone conversations. However, I am putting the following Ground Rules in place:

1. NO calls before 9:00 a.m. and NO calls after 10:00 p.m. (Unless an absolute emergency). Rob works day turn and goes to bed between 10:00-10:30 p.m. I really would like to stop his being awaken by phone calls. Please factor in time differences if you are calling from another country. I am located in Ohio, USA which follows Eastern Standard Time.

2. If the phone rings 5 times without an answer, please hang up and try again at a reasonably later time (please not 5 minutes later). If I have not answered by the 5th ring, it means that I am either:
  • Not at home
  • Unavailable because of family time
  • Already on another phone call or
  • Someone else in my family is on another phone call.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Elonna McKibben [330/772-5649 Ohio, USA]
Website: http://www.elonnamckibben.com & http://www.strongholdofhope.com
Dx: 10-12-89 with Spinal Cord Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage IV
Surgery only on 10-12-89
Diagnosis/Prognosis given after surgery on 10-16-89
Began Cancell/Protocel #50: 11-12-89
Clear CT Scans: 2-6-90 & 2-20-90
2 yrs 3 mos on Cancell - NO other Treatment
Restored to Health & Thriving in Life for 23 years & Counting
05-15-2012, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 03:44 AM by Elonna.)
RE: Elonna's Availability by Phone
Everyone,

I thought it was important for me to bring this thread back to your attention. Please re-read the information found herein.

Please note that I have made a slight modification in the "time" I'm available to take calls. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am putting the following Ground Rules in place:

1. As Sunday is God's day of rest, then I'm also going to call it my "Protocel Day of Rest". I am hoping that this day of rest recharges me physically, emotionally and mentally. So, I will not be taking any phone calls on Sunday.

2. NO calls before 10:00 a.m. and NO calls after 9:30 p.m. (Unless an absolute emergency). Rob works day turn and goes to bed between 10:00-10:30 p.m. I really would like to stop his being awaken by phone calls. Please factor in time differences if you are calling from another country. I am located in Ohio, USA which follows Eastern Standard Time.

3. If the phone rings 5 times without an answer or if you get my answering machine message, please hang up and try again at a reasonably later time (please not 5 minutes later). If I have not answered by the 5th ring, it means that I am either:

Not at home
Unavailable because of family time
Already on another phone call or
Someone else in my family is on another phone call.

Please do NOT leave me a message. I cannot return phone calls.

Surgery only on 10-12-89
09-02-2012, 01:01 AM,
RE: Elonna's Availability by Phone
I have found that I need to revise my availability by phone once more. This revision is due to my going back to work several days a week for an attorney friend of mine. So, below are the changes I have made.

General Guidelines for contacting Elonna by telephone:

1. Day of Rest: I am still of the opinion that since Sunday is God's day of rest, then I'm also going to call it my "Protocel Day of Rest".

2. Work Day Hours of Availability: My normal work days are Mondays and Tuesdays. So, I am only available for phone calls these days between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. The exception to this is when there is a holiday that falls on Monday. When this happens, I will most likely be working on Wednesdays.

3. Balance of the Week: I will try to make myself available as much as possible for phone conversations the balance of the week between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. However, please respect the following:

A. NO calls before 9:00 a.m. and NO calls after 10:00 p.m. (Unless an absolute emergency).

B. Please factor in time differences if you are calling from another country. I am located in Ohio, USA which follows Eastern Standard Time.

C. If the phone rings 5 times without an answer, please hang up and try again at a reasonably later time (please not 5 minutes later). If I have not answered by the 5th ring, it means that I am either:
  • Not at home
  • Unavailable because of family time
  • Already on another phone call OR
  • Someone else in my family is on the phone.

D. Do NOT leave a message as I cannot return phone calls.

Surgery only on 10-12-89