Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012, 01:09 AM by Elonna.)
Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia
I am new to this site.

My daughter Abigail was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome 4 and a half yrs ago; a type of bone marrow failure or pre leukemia.

She had her first bone marrow transplant on May 15, 2008 with her brother being her donor. Then relapsed 1 and a half yrs later. She underwent a second transplant also with her brother as her donor, again to relapse 3 months later. So they did an unrelated bone marrow transplant only 10 months later to relapse again.

So they put her on vidaza once a month to get it back under control for 6 months and she ended up relapsing with acute myeloid leukemia and then underwent 18 days of chemo followed by a stem cell boost from her previous donor, which gave her a disease called graft vs host disease which is supposed to be the donor cells attacking the leukemia cells. The donor cells recognize the leukemia cells as foreign and kill them. This did work for a couple of months than in June of this year tumors started popping up on her head.

They biopsied them and found leukemia, so yet another relapse. They sent us home with no more options.

Long story short we found out about Biosuperfood and supplements to strengthen immune system, and finally Protocel 50 came into the picture. She has only been on it for a week, but today her blasts are now excessive and her platelets are clumping for the past two weeks; not sure why, we know they are low.

So any input is appreciated. I just know I have to still have hope and let me tell you how hard that is when you watch your child go through this pain.

Abigail's Mom

=====================================\
Editing Reasons:
1. Changed title of thread somewhat.
2. Add in capitals and blank lines between paragraphs for better ease of reading./elonna
09-06-2012, 06:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012, 01:10 AM by Elonna.)
RE: Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Dearest Mom of Abigail,

My heart goes out to you, her and your family for all you've been through fighting this horrific disease. You didn't say how old she is, but that doesn't matter. It is never easy to see your child suffer regardless of their age. Our son was born with neuroblastoma that was found when he was 6 months old. He did survive and is now 25 but went through tough chemo and surgeries that left him with scoliosis and the need for rods in his back when he was 15.

I hope you stay very consistent with her doses of Protocel 50 every 6 hours and keep her very hydrated to wash out the lysed cells. Hopefully you've read enough in the Corner to give you good information and to know not to include a vitamin regiment of C or E when she is taking Protocel. They will work against Protocel which itself is a strong antioxidant.

If you want more information and encouragement, I strongly urge you to contact Elonna: Elonna McKibben [330/772-5649 Ohio, USA] and/or visit her private website: http://www.elonnamckibben.com The better time to reach her is evenings.

In the meantime, please know I'm praying for Abigail and for you. Heart

Ann Thiede (Searcy, Arkansas)
thiedeann@outlook.com
DX: 08/99 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (lumpectomy, radiation, adjunct meds for 7 years)
06/09 Basal Cell Carcinoma (nose: 2 biopsies 6/09, 10/09)
Began Protocel 08/09 Smile
Cleared by dermotologist 01-10, 08-10
09-08-2012, 01:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012, 01:11 AM by Elonna.)
As a mother and grandmother, I can only imagine how devastating this must be for you. I notice you are in Redding.

Don't know where you are at spiritually, but I'm going to say this anyway. There is a tremendous church in Redding called Bethel. The Pastor is Bill Johnson who is also an author of some amazing books on healing. Bethel has a healing room and tremendous miracles have come out of this church. It has become very well known nationally and internationally.

I am a Christian from a Jewish background, but I know that even when I was a non-believer, I would have left no stone unturned in seeking healing in whatever way it presented itself for my child. Certainly taking her there can do no harm. I will definitely be praying for her and the whole family.

Barb
Barbara Byrd
Southern Cali
lumpectomy on 12/14/09
More tissue and 9 lymph nodes removed 1/12/10
No further conventional treatment
Began using Protocel for the second time 2/1/10
Clear pet scan on 3/21/10
09-30-2012, 01:33 AM,
Dear Candice,

Welcome to The Corner. I'm so glad you found us, but my heart breaks at the reason for having to do so. I cannot even imagine. I am so sorry for my delay in replying to your posts. I've been away from The Corner for a few weeks because of some personal issue within our family and due to my going back to work which has essentially kicked my bottom side and zapped me of strength as well as clarity of thought by the end of those days because of the demands on my body. However, all this is improving, I am getting stronger, I'm not as exhausted as I was the first few weeks, and I am positive that I am getting stronger from the demands at my work place of more walking and standing than I would be able to reproduce at my home.

I am also so sorry that you had to find our Corner and learn of Protocel for your daughter's condition. I know that it is extremely hard on parents of sick children and that you all feel the burden of the responsibility of making decisions/choices for your children. I cannot completely understand what you are going through, but do feel that I understand a portion of it because of the loss of our daughter, and I definitely can advise you on any concerns surrounding Protocel and her healing journey.

I do have a huge concern regarding the use of Bio-Superfood: This particular product really concerns me and it is NOT something that I feel should ever be used by someone with cancer and using Protocel. I know that some Protocel user are advised to use it, but I completely disagree with this advice.

There are some key words that I look for when individuals ask me if a given product is fine to take along with Protocel. These words surround words such as "increase the body's energy levels", "gives the body increased endurance", "boosts the body's immune system" (while this particular comment is not necessarily a negative thing, some immune boosting products absolutely need to be avoided when taking Protocel).

Here are just a few claims concerning this particular product:

1. "...boosting and balancing their immune systems, .... Increases dynamic metabolic rejuvenation and healing."

2. "BioSuperFood is a whole food supplement naturally blending together about 5,000 nutrients and high concentration: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, trace elements, Omega 3, 6, 9, amino acids and more. Let best blend of algae help you staying young."

These comments are not explained. It is not a good suggestion for one to boost certain of their vitamin intake nor is it a good thing for them to be taking Omega 3 products. The Omega 3 products have been shown to slow Protocel down and in some situations even render it ineffective. While some vitamins are okay to supplement with, most are not.

We are here if you have questions or concerns as well as to support and pray for your doing Abigail's recovery journey.
Elonna McKibben [330/772-5649 Ohio, USA]
Website: http://www.elonnamckibben.com & http://www.strongholdofhope.com
Dx: 10-12-89 with Spinal Cord Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage IV
Surgery only on 10-12-89
Diagnosis/Prognosis given after surgery on 10-16-89
Began Cancell/Protocel #50: 11-12-89
Clear CT Scans: 2-6-90 & 2-20-90
2 yrs 3 mos on Cancell - NO other Treatment
Restored to Health & Thriving in Life for 23 years & Counting
03-10-2015, 12:49 AM,
(09-05-2012, 09:35 PM)candicecourtemanche Wrote: I am new to this site.

My daughter Abigail was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome 4 and a half yrs ago; a type of bone marrow failure or pre leukemia.

She had her first bone marrow transplant on May 15, 2008 with her brother being her donor. Then relapsed 1 and a half yrs later. She underwent a second transplant also with her brother as her donor, again to relapse 3 months later. So they did an unrelated bone marrow transplant only 10 months later to relapse again.

So they put her on vidaza once a month to get it back under control for 6 months and she ended up relapsing with acute myeloid leukemia and then underwent 18 days of chemo followed by a stem cell boost from her previous donor, which gave her a disease called graft vs host disease which is supposed to be the donor cells attacking the leukemia cells. The donor cells recognize the leukemia cells as foreign and kill them. This did work for a couple of months than in June of this year tumors started popping up on her head.

They biopsied them and found leukemia, so yet another relapse. They sent us home with no more options.

Long story short we found out about Biosuperfood and supplements to strengthen immune system, and finally Protocel 50 came into the picture. She has only been on it for a week, but today her blasts are now excessive and her platelets are clumping for the past two weeks; not sure why, we know they are low.

So any input is appreciated. I just know I have to still have hope and let me tell you how hard that is when you watch your child go through this pain.

Abigail's Mom

Editing Reasons:
2. Add in capitals and blank lines between paragraphs for better ease of reading./elonna
03-10-2015, 12:52 AM,
Hi Abigail's mum, I noticed this story because I have something similar to your daughter. I'm 21 and last year was diagnosed with acute Myloid leukemia. And so I had chemo and then a stem cell transplant from my sister being the donor. But three months later and the leukemia is back now in my skin and so far my bone marrow and blood seem okay. They want me to start chemo asap but I'm not very interested in it because of how hard it will be. I am hoping to start Protocel 50 tomorrow and I'm hoping this will work and arrest the leukemia in my skin. It is a very hard and long journey and I'm sorry to hear about Abigail. All the best x

(09-05-2012, 09:35 PM)candicecourtemanche Wrote: I am new to this site.

Abigail's Mom

Editing Reasons:
03-10-2015, 12:10 PM,
Hi, Ashlea. So sorry you're having to deal with AML! I'm wondering how you found out about Protocel. It would be great if you would post a Tell Us Your Story so we can post on your personal thread.

Do you know about avoiding Vitamin C and E? I would also strongly recommend you add the enzymes Elonna recommends to the Protocel regiment. Please let me know if you'd like more information about when to take them and what kind. Can you also tell me if you ordered Protocel from Vitamin Depot? The doctors there are very supportive. Make sure you shake the Protocel bottle well every time you measure out a dose. Also, it is very important to drink up to a gallon of purified water daily to help flush out the lysed cancer cells.

My prayers are with you, Ashlea, as you continue through this cancer battle. May God bless and strengthen you.
Ann Thiede (Searcy, Arkansas)
thiedeann@outlook.com
DX: 08/99 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (lumpectomy, radiation, adjunct meds for 7 years)
06/09 Basal Cell Carcinoma (nose: 2 biopsies 6/09, 10/09)
Began Protocel 08/09 Smile
Cleared by dermotologist 01-10, 08-10
03-10-2015, 06:51 PM,
Hello glad to hear from you, I have posted a thread now. I'm new to this site. I found Protocel by reading cancer forums of what others were doing thankfully. Yes I know I will avoid those. I ordered mine from Kew Organics In Melbourne because I live in Australia. But I will call vitamin depot anyway and ask them if they have any helpful information for me: thankyou

(03-10-2015, 12:10 PM)ann td Wrote: Hi, Ashlea. So sorry you're having to deal with AML! I'm wondering how you found out about Protocel. It would be great if you would post a Tell Us Your Story so we can post on your personal thread.

Do you know about avoiding Vitamin C and E? I would also strongly recommend you add the enzymes Elonna recommends to the Protocel regiment. Please let me know if you'd like more information about when to take them and what kind. Can you also tell me if you ordered Protocel from Vitamin Depot? The doctors there are very supportive. Make sure you shake the Protocel bottle well every time you measure out a dose. Also, it is very important to drink up to a gallon of purified water daily to help flush out the lysed cancer cells.

My prayers are with you, Ashlea, as you continue through this cancer battle. May God bless and strengthen you.