Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny - son with Pontine glioma - need some advice
05-11-2011, 08:33 AM,
RE: Danny - son with Pontine glioma - need some advice
Everyone,

Please add Danny to any of your prayer lists you can think of as well as your own personal prayers. I have received an email from a family friend that Danny is in the hospital. The email I received was dated May 6th and the friend thought that he had been in the hospital that day and as far as she knew was still there.

Danny is experiencing some edema issues in his brain. As the brain stem controls all body function, he is in quite a serious condition for him as there is very limited room for anything other than the brain stem in this part of the brain. The doctor's considered a shunt originally, but dismissed this idea basically indicating that he only had several weeks of life left. Basically, in my opinion, I don't think they felt he was worth the bother and that the procedure although it would definitely be helpful would be a waste of time/effort (again this is just my opinion). At any rate, they were going to give him steroids to see if they brought down the swelling.

I have encouraged his folks through this friend to fight for the shunt as I believe this would be a better long term solution to the edema over the steroids. However, hopefully, the steroids will reduce this edema. I also told them to increase his water intake to also hopefully help.

If Margaret and John cannot do so, I will keep you guys updated as I learn more details. Please uphold this family in prayer in the meantime.
Elonna McKibben [330/772-5649 Ohio, USA]
Website: http://www.elonnamckibben.com & http://www.strongholdofhope.com
Dx: 10-12-89 with Spinal Cord Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage IV
Surgery only on 10-12-89
Diagnosis/Prognosis given after surgery on 10-16-89
Began Cancell/Protocel #50: 11-12-89
Clear CT Scans: 2-6-90 & 2-20-90
2 yrs 3 mos on Cancell - NO other Treatment
Restored to Health & Thriving in Life for 23 years & Counting

Messages In This Thread
RE: Danny - son with Pontine glioma - need some advice - by Elonna - 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM