Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia
03-10-2015, 12:52 AM,
RE: Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Hi Abigail's mum, I noticed this story because I have something similar to your daughter. I'm 21 and last year was diagnosed with acute Myloid leukemia. And so I had chemo and then a stem cell transplant from my sister being the donor. But three months later and the leukemia is back now in my skin and so far my bone marrow and blood seem okay. They want me to start chemo asap but I'm not very interested in it because of how hard it will be. I am hoping to start Protocel 50 tomorrow and I'm hoping this will work and arrest the leukemia in my skin. It is a very hard and long journey and I'm sorry to hear about Abigail. All the best x

(09-05-2012, 09:35 PM)candicecourtemanche Wrote: I am new to this site.

My daughter Abigail was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome 4 and a half yrs ago; a type of bone marrow failure or pre leukemia.

She had her first bone marrow transplant on May 15, 2008 with her brother being her donor. Then relapsed 1 and a half yrs later. She underwent a second transplant also with her brother as her donor, again to relapse 3 months later. So they did an unrelated bone marrow transplant only 10 months later to relapse again.

So they put her on vidaza once a month to get it back under control for 6 months and she ended up relapsing with acute myeloid leukemia and then underwent 18 days of chemo followed by a stem cell boost from her previous donor, which gave her a disease called graft vs host disease which is supposed to be the donor cells attacking the leukemia cells. The donor cells recognize the leukemia cells as foreign and kill them. This did work for a couple of months than in June of this year tumors started popping up on her head.

They biopsied them and found leukemia, so yet another relapse. They sent us home with no more options.

Long story short we found out about Biosuperfood and supplements to strengthen immune system, and finally Protocel 50 came into the picture. She has only been on it for a week, but today her blasts are now excessive and her platelets are clumping for the past two weeks; not sure why, we know they are low.

So any input is appreciated. I just know I have to still have hope and let me tell you how hard that is when you watch your child go through this pain.

Abigail's Mom

=====================================\
Editing Reasons:
1. Changed title of thread somewhat.
2. Add in capitals and blank lines between paragraphs for better ease of reading./elonna

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abigail C - Acute Myeloid Leukemia - by Ashleacoluccio - 03-10-2015, 12:52 AM